Managed entirely by a voluntary board and registered as a charitable non-profit organisation (CC48725), Boccia New Zealand Inc is the governing body for the sport of boccia in New Zealand. Not only do we oversee the development and implementation of the national strategic direction for the sport, we also cover fundamental areas such as community engagement, participation, development and pathways and high performance.
The 2-tiered vision for Boccia New Zealand is:
1. To develop boccia in New Zealand ensuring it is sustainable, inclusive and progressive; and
2. To be the world's leading boccia nation.
- Promote a healthy, inclusive, and safe environment for the delivery of boccia and associated activities, events and programmes.
- Transparency and integrity in our governance and decision making.
- Operate with teamwork, collaboration, trust, effective communication, and mutual respect.
- Foster a culture based on a foundation of wellbeing, work ethic, accountability, and performance.
- Promote altruism (selflessness) and recognise our dedicated volunteer workforce.